Monday 11 August 2008

Next... Yeovil at home

Normally I don't get too excited about the League Cup, but as I missed Saturday's game this is the first competitive game of the season for me.

Saturday's result was fantastic. Two goals and a clean sheet. I daren't have asked for so much before the game, however I am going to take the opportunity to brag about getting the first eleven right. I have been writing this blog since January and that's the first time I've done it. Sadly it could well be the last too, but it won't stop me being pleased with my foresight.

I have little idea what the starting lineup will be for tomorrow. I expect that we will rest any players that we have any doubts about, Hudson being one. I wouldn't risk him in what is probably a meaningless cup tie when we have a serious game on Saturday. Watford are going to be beatable as they had a terrible run in the second half of last season and have sold most of their best players this summer, so Hudson should probably be saved for them. Hameur Bouazza is likely to get a start, which I think is best and Mou2 should come back in at right back with Semedo moving into the centre. I would keep the rest of the team the same. I think it is important for them to get another game under their belts and as I missed Saturday I think I should be given a look at the new team. So, come on Pards, play the best eleven that you have, it's only fair.

As for the result, I would expect that anything other than a home win would be both unlikely and a bit of a disaster. No one knows what the future holds, but as we are not one of the top seeds we could well draw a Premier League team and not only will that generate some money (hopefully) it might be the only time we get to see a top flight team this season. The draw, if it's done before the end of the month, might just motivate the board to agree to another signing.

I have to confess that I know little about Yeovil, and I don't have the time (or inclination) to look up what their players are all about. Needless to say I will be going to The Valley tomorrow evening full of anticipation and excitement. I'd probably take a 1-0 win, but it would be nice for the team to pass the ball around well, look creative and bag a couple (or three) more goals to lift the confidence before Saturday.

Up the Addicks!


No comments: