Saturday 24 January 2009

Sheffield United 2 - 1 Charlton

Can't say I'm surprised.

Can't say I'm bothered.

I am a little disappointed that after going behind on 26 minutes we didn't make a change to the players or the formation until the 58th minute. Maybe there was a change in the style of play with the same players, but I wasn't there so I just don't know.

After such a terrible run the defeats don't even hurt anymore, and the FA Cup is even less important than the league.

If we assume we are going to be relegated this season, and it is difficult to imagine any other outcome now, Tuesday evening gives both Phil Parkinson and the board an opportunity to provide the fans with something to cheer about.

As important as the league is, there had better not be any statements released in the next few days about how it is just another three points. At this stage it is much more than that.

Let's hope Phil has something up his sleeve.

If not I think it could well be a very stressful week for all those involved with running the club.

Time will tell.

No comments: